Introduction [ For Screen Record On Your Mac ]
If you are a Mac user, you might have felt the need to capture something or Screen Record On Your Mac something at the time of your need. You can record your screen on Mac by both an in-built app and other third-party apps. You can also edit the recorded video, record audio, and many more.
In this article, we will show you how you can record your screen on your Mac easily.
Screen record on Mac using the Screenshot feature
Apple company has added this excellent feature in its Mojave OS from 2018, in the name “screenshot.” SO if your system has Mojave and Catalina macOS posts, then you can easily screen record the videos with the help of the following steps:
1. First of all, hold the shift key + cmd key + 5 simultaneously to open the Screenshot application.
2. At the bottom of your Mac screen, you will find a control bar through which you can snap a screenshot or make a screen recording easily. You can also
record the entire screen or just a segment of it using the two icons with a little circle in the corner.
3. If you want to resize the segment you have recorded, you must select the “Record Selected Portion” from the box that will pop up after recording the video.
4. If you want to change the mic for sound, the location for saving it in your Mac, and the timer, then you should select “Options” for those preferences.
5. When you are ready, click the “Record” button to start recording. You can simply click anywhere on the screen if you’re recording the entire window. If you had set a timer, you have to
wait for the countdown to begin before recording your screen.
6. If you want to end your recording, then press Control + command + ESC simultaneously. Otherwise, select the stop icon at the upper right corner of your screen, or select command + shift + 5 to bring up the control bar and click the stop button.
When you have finished recording, then your recorded video will appear as a thumbnail at the bottom right corner of your Mac screen.
If you don’t want to use it now, the video will be saved as a QuickTime movie on your Mac. Later, you can take a look at the video and edit it according to your wish.
How to record your screen by using Quick Time Player
Most Mac users know QuickTime Player as a video-playing software, but it has the function of recording your screen. This application comes pre-installed on Mac, and if you accidentally delete it, you can again download it online.
Here are the steps through which you can record your screen with the help of QuickTime Player.
1. Firstly, open the QuickTime Player software and go to the “File” option from the top left corner of your Mac screen. Now select “New Screen Recording.“
2. Now, you have to choose your preferences of the microphone, cursor, saving location, and timer from the “Options” that will appear on the screen recording bar.
3. After selecting your preferred option, you can record the whole screen or a portion of it by hitting “Record.”
4. If you want to finish recording, you have to click the “stop ” icon from the top menu.
5. This recorded video will be saved on your Mac. You can easily open, trim, and edit it according to your choice.
How to trim your screen recorded video on Mac
You can easily edit your screen recording when it appears as a thumbnail after you have finished recording.
If the thumbnail disappears, double-click the video on your Mac to get access to the video recording.
1. After opening the video, click on the “Edit” option from the upper left corner of your screen, then select the trim icon.
2. Select your start and finish points using the slider at the bottom, then select “Trim.” The original video on your Mac will be replaced by the trimmed version you edited.
How can I use my Mac to record audio and video?
You can use QuickTime Player to record a video with audio. First of all, Launch the app, then select File > New Movie Recording. You can adjust your sound levels to start recording your video with audio as soon as the camera opens.
So that’s how simply you can record your screen on a Mac.
The following article will show you how you can trim, record, and edit your videos through a third-party app on your Mac.